Culture in Evaluation
Cultural Competency Strategy Statement
TCEC strives to practice culturally competent evaluation. This document lays out the steps that TCEC is taking to embed cultural competency in its work.
Culturally Competent Evaluation Workshop
Culturally Competent Evaluation in Tobacco Control Programs
A presentation by Rodney Hopson at TCEC's first workshop on cultural competency held in August 2007.
Culture in Evaluation Guides
The documents in the Culture in Evaluation series were developed with the input of community-based organizations and county health program staff working on tobacco control projects in California. These guides aim at helping organizations conduct evaluation activities with those population groups that the California Department of Public Health has identified as "Priority Populations".
- African American Communities
- American Indian/Alaska Native
- Asian/Pacific Islander Populations
- Culturally Competent Training Observation
- Hispanic/Latino Communities
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender) Communities
- Low Socioeconomic Status (SES) Populations
- Rural Communities
- Substance Abuse Facilities
- Making Your Evaluations More Culturally Competent